LS, VT-VZ, CRANK SCRAPER/WINDAGE TRAY KIT, 4.0" STROKE
Crank scraper & windage tray kit to suit 4.0" stroke LS engines, with either factory or aftermarket crankshafts and rods. These kits are compatible with most factory and aftermarket oil pan setups except low front clearance pans, Corvette pans, and front sump pans (see separate listings for those applications).
Improved Racing's patented (Pat. No. D860,258) crankshaft scrapers help reduce oil starvation by closely contouring the crankshaft and rods to remove excess oil, ensuring oil is quickly returned to the bottom of the sump. Crank scrapers also help reduce parasitic drag and windage losses caused by excess oil on the crank, which reduces rotational mass and results in dyno-proven gains of 5-10 HP at the wheels.
Our scrapers are CNC-machined from 0.190" thick, 6061-T6 billet aluminium. The crankshaft scraper kits also include an aluminium windage tray that is 10% lighter, 70% stronger, and provides more clearance for aftermarket rods than the factory windage tray. The included windage tray bolts directly to the scraper with self-clinching lock nuts instead of the main cap studs, allowing it to be installed without disturbing the scraper alignment.
The crankshaft scrapers and windage trays were designed in CAD software using actual GM part models, prototyped, and test-fitted for a completely bolt-on fit in every listed application. The factory oil pump pickup tube is kept in the factory location with no compromises or modifications required.
Crank Scraper kits are compatible with factory or ARP main cap studs. Reducer spacers as well as Class 10, flanged zinc-plated steel distorted thread lock nuts are included for use with factory main cap studs. For ARP main cap studs, use the nuts supplied by ARP.
Features and Benefits
- Increases horsepower by up to 10 WHP
- Scraper and windage tray assembly is 70% stronger and 10% lighter than the factory windage tray
- Reduces oil starvation and aeration
- 100% bolt-on installation
- Windage tray is secured with locking, vibration-resistant hardware
- Includes reducer bushings and upgraded main cap stud lock nuts for factory studs
- Patented design (Pat. No. D860,258)
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
- CNC-machined aluminium crank scraper
- Aluminium windage tray
- Self-clinching windage tray-to-scraper mounting hardware
- Flanged, locking scraper-to-main cap stud mounting nuts (for use with factory studs only)
- 4 x reducer bushings for centring the scraper when using factory main cap studs
- Material: 6061-T6 aluminium (scraper), 5052-H32 aluminium (windage tray)
- Weight: 2.13-2.52 lbs (0.96-1.14 kg) (complete assembly)