Low-Profile Oil Cooler Adapter for LS Engines EGM-106
Improved Racing's GM LS-series oil cooler adapter's slim design was developed to provide more header clearance than any other adapter on the market. The aluminum gasket was replaced with Viton O-rings, providing additional clearance while still ensuring a reliable seal. The mounting holes are counter-bored so the mounting bolts fit flush with the adapter surface for maximum clearance.
The adapter features two 1/8" NPT ports for sensors or a turbo oil supply line. It is machined from a single piece of billet 6061-T6 aluminum and is black anodized. The adapter features standard female -08AN O-ring boss ports for optional anodized adapter fittings in your choice of -08AN, -10AN or -12AN lines. Can be mounted upside down on the 5th generation Camaro / G8 oil pan for additional header clearance.
Old part number EGM-1006.
Features and Benefits
- 100% bolt-on in place of the factory oil bypass cover, just above the oil filter
- Low-profile design provides more header clearance than any other oil cooler adapter on the market. Clears most long tube headers, including the JTR and Spoolin Performance headers in RX-7 LS engine swaps.
- Two 1/8" NPT ports for sensors or turbo oil feed line
- Retains stock oil filter location
- Oil exiting the adapter is filtered oil
- 6061-T6 billet aluminum construction with black MIL-A-8625 Type II anodized finish
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
* Dimensions are shown in inches.
- 1x Low-profile oil cooler adapter block
- 2x Black anodized -08AN, -10AN, or -12AN adapter fittings with Viton O-rings (OPTIONAL)
- 2x Viton O-rings
- 2x Stainless steel mounting screws
- 2x Black anodized sensor port plugs
- Note: This oil adapter is designed for O-ring boss fittings with a straight thread length of 0.500" or less. We recommend using our fittings in order to guarantee proper fitment and seal.
- Corvette motor mounts: We recommend using a 90-degree AN fitting on the top port and a 90-degree AN fitting on the front (angled) port to connect the oil lines to this adapter.
- F-Body motor mounts: We recommend using a 90-degree AN fitting on the top port and a 60-degree AN fitting on the front (angled) port to connect the oil lines to this adapter.
- 2010+ Camaro / G8 oil pan: Can be mounted upside down for additional header clearance. We recommend using a 90-degree AN fitting on the top port and a 120-degree AN fitting on the front (angled) port to connect the oil lines to this adapter.
- All 1997 and later GM LS family engines (Gen III & IV) with rear-sump oil pans including LS1/LS6, LS2, LS3, LS7, L76/L92/L93, LQ4/LQ9, LS9, LSA. Also fits all GM Gen III & IV Vortec V8 engines.
- Does not fit LSX.
- NOT suitable for front-sump pans such as Pontiac GTO or Holden/Vauxhall Monaro & Commodore oil pans. Please see our GTO oil cooler adapter for these applications.