Improved Racing LS Engine Oil Pickup Tube Brace
Improve the reliability and performance of your LS oiling system with this simple brace!
The factory LS engine oil pickup tube is only secured by a single screw, which can result in a poor O-ring seal and lead to oil pressure drops and oil starvation. Improved Racing's billet aluminum brace improves the pickup tube O-ring seal by ensuring equal clamping force is exerted to both sides of the oil pickup tube flange.
This brace uses the unused extra screw hole in the oil pump and is 100% bolt-on. Coupled with high-strength steel flange screws, it will keep your pickup tube in place and leak-free lap after lap.
Features & Benefits
- Machined from lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum, black anodized and laser-marked
- Distributes even clamping force around pickup tube flange by acting as an extension of the flange
- High-strength grade 8.8 M6 flange screws, zinc coated
- Improved Racing EGM-500 - LS engine oil pump pickup tube brace / girdle & hardware
- GM Gen III & IV LS family engines, wet-sump only
- DOES NOT fit GM pickup tube, part # 12608593
super quick delivery, oil pickup brace perfect fit
when changing the oil pump without pulling the sump the pickup tube didn't line up completly with a melling 10296. With only 1 bolt as standard the pickup was going in on an angle and may have stripped the bolt, or not had a good seal on the o-ring. This fixed the issue, was easy to pull the pickup into the pump straight and much less strain on the bolts. Oil pressure is great, 50psi hot and builds easily vs 25psi hot and never above 40 with the tired stock pump / o-ring. SUPER fast deliver within 48 hours, perfect while you're halfway through a job.
Very prompt service and great to deal with