BARBELL PLUG, LS ENGINE OIL GALLERY, DOUBLE O'RING (EGM-501)
Improved Racing designed this billet aluminum rear galley plug (commonly known as the "barbell") for Gen III and IV GM LS series engines to improve oil flow and completely eliminate dirty engine oil from bypassing the filter. This part is recommended for replacing the plastic OEM plug in any engine build.
Improved Racing's barbell features a second O-ring that completely seals off the dirty oil from the clean oil, forcing 100% of oil flow through the filter. Sharp corners were avoided and machined as smooth fillets to improve oil flow, while the bullnose tip helps smooth oil flow to the oil filter. The shaft diameter is smaller than the OEM plastic barbell to minimize flow restriction. A threaded hole was added so that the barbell can be easily removed with any M4x0.7 screw.
Features and Benefits
- Direct replacement for plastic OEM barbell plug
- Precision CNC-machined from billet 6061-T6 aluminum
- Features and surface finish designed to reduce fluid restriction
- Second O-ring completely seals the dirty side of the rear galley from the clean side, preventing dirty oil from flowing to the engine bearings
- Viton rubber O-rings are used for its ideal compression set (for a long-lasting seal), high temperature resistance, and excellent chemical compatibility with engine oils
- Threaded M4x0.7 hole allows for easy removal from engine block
- Made in the USA
Awesome product, Can't go wrong ! :)
Good Product, better than the rest
Super impressed with quality of barbell it has great design features. Installs very easily and is a great upgrade when doing a engine build.