VY - VZ Commodore Racing Oil Pan Baffle EGM-204
The GM LS family small blocks are prone to oil starvation at high Gs, especially at higher RPMs where oil aeration and windage is more prevalent. Proper oil pan baffling is critical for improving oil control and reducing oil starvation in these engines.
Improved Racing's baffles provide very effective, track-proven protection against oil starvation for road racing, drifting, autocross, drag racing and even off-roading and rock crawling. The baffle uses trap doors to keep oil around the pickup tube and provides vastly improved oil control over the stock baffle. This baffle is sufficient to prevent oil pressure drops at up to 1.4 sustained lateral G's in most vehicles.
The optional Oil pan gasket kit includes a new factory oil pan gasket and oil pickup tube O-ring. It is recommended that these components be replaced when installing a used oil pan.
Old part number EGM-1004.
Features and Benefits
- Track-proven to prevent oil starvation at up to 1.4 sustained lateral G's
- Directional trap door baffling completely encloses the oil pump pickup for maximum protection against oil starvation at high Gs
- 100% bolt in, no welding necessary. This is a direct bolt-in replacement for the stock steel baffle in the stock oil pan
- Baffle plate with drain-back slots help accelerate return of oil to the bottom of the sump while also preventing oil slosh and reducing oil consumption
- Reduces the risk of oil starvation when oil levels are low
- Works with the factory cast aluminum oil pan, which is considered a structural member of the engine block and is less prone to failure or leaking than aftermarket sheet metal pans
- Light-weight aluminum construction sheds 1.3lbs over the factory baffle
- Solid body aircraft rivets employed for securing trap doors
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
The graph below plots oil pressures with the factory baffling (in red) versus the Improved Racing EGM-204 baffle (in black).‚
This product is designed for direct installation in the following vehicles:
- 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO
- 2001-2005 Holden Monaro (V2 CV8 & VZ)
- 2002-2006 Holden Commodore (VY & VZ)
- 2002-2005 Vauxhall Monaro
- Other vehicles equipped with GM oil pan part number 12599397, 12599398, 12581209, or 12581210