6L80e/6L90e guide to tuning with hi-stall converters.
When fitting a hi-stall converter to a VE or VF with the 6L80/90e transmission with the T43 TCM controller. You must follow the below procedure to make the calibration accept the mechanical modification you have just performed.
- Open the Transmission tab in your vehicle’s calibration in VCM Suite.
- Navigate to Torque Converter > General.
- Locate the TCC Desired Slip section. (Pictured below)
- For the A/C Off section – you must ZERO/0 each individual gear.
- For the Use DOD Slip section – turn the switch to Disabled and then ZERO/0 the individual gears also.
- Next, click on the Apply/Release sub-tab. The next step is very subjective to stall speed, vehicle combination and driver’s opinion.
- A good start is to max out the 3rd and 4th gear converter lockup parameters. Shown below.
- If you choose to raise or lower the 5th and 6th gear converter lockup/apply, please ensure you raise the release by the same number or percentage.